Saturday, September 27, 2014

Out of Dough

I bought 19 books at the Friends of the Library North Webster Public Library book sale on Thursday. This is one of my favorite book sale places as they usually have lots of books, and more importantly, they have lots of Christian fiction. However, I am now about out of the donated funds. With no budgeted money, the donation was all I had to count on. It will be interesting to see how God supplies books for the library now.

 

The Grace Village swap shop is in November. The lady in charge always lets me have first dibs on donated books before the sale starts; maybe we will get some good additions there.

 

It is possible that the Winona Literary Club will make a thank you donation to Grace Village for use of its facilities; it may not designate that money toward the library, though it has in the past.

 

If I had more money, I would look on www.betterworldbooks.com  My husband went to their warehouse in Mishawaka, Indiana because he saw 2 books he has been searching for listed on the website. He wanted to see the books first though, because he wanted one of them to be the edition that matches his other books in the series. He bought 2 books for $3.98 each. Even that price is kind of steep for GV library. We try to stick to $1-$2 per book. The great thing about Better World Books is that it ships for free. Take a peek and see if you can find some bargains.

No comments:

Post a Comment