Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Last Hurrah

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

A mild sunny day calls for a walk through the neighborhood. The leaves are falling at a good clip now, some trees almost bare.

I set out for the pond west of my house.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It’s a pleasant walk in a quiet residential neighborhood.

It’s surprising what you notice if you slow down and really look: burst cattails, fluffy milkweed pods.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

At the edge of the pond, I heard a plop but didn’t turn quickly enough to see what dove out of sight. Probably a turtle.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

Glad I am not the person who has to rake up all of the leaves.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

Some of my neighbors are into the spirit of autumn and Halloween.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

We haven’t had any trick-or-treaters in the past 3 years; I don’t think this year will be any different.

I won’t be involved in that part of Halloween, but I can still enjoy autumn, especially with such inviting weather.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

Hope your Sunday afternoon was as nice as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment