Sunday, August 13, 2023

Quiet Sunday

 Today is the second Sunday in a row that we have attended church in person. Last Sunday we attended Church of the Good Shepherd in Winona Lake, a small congregation where we knew a handful of people. Too much standing up and sitting, standing and sitting plus the hard wooden pew back hurt my spine. This morning we went to Warsaw Community Church, one of the largest churches in the immediate area. It has been almost one year since we attended in person though we have watched online most weeks. 

We had Sunday dinner at Salvatori's. We saw 3 couples that we know, two from the Grace Village condo neighborhood. 

The mallows in our backyard berm are open now. One bush is flower-poor, but the other has many pretty blooms. One of the few spots of color right now.



 I mostly read newspapers from yesterday and played games on my tablet today. We worked on a crossword puzzle while eating pizza tonight. I bought a thin-crust BBQ chicken pizza from Meijer which is new to us. It tasted pretty good.




 When I watered my geraniums this afternoon, I went around to the side of the house. My hydrangeas bloom very little, but there was one stem. I cut it and added it to my zinnias.



It is almost mid-August; we have had a fairly mild summer. Kids went back to school last Friday. It certainly does not feel like autumn, but surprisingly we will have cooler days Monday and Tuesday this week. 

Hope you had a restful and worshipful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment