Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Book Donations

 I have a few books from the North Webster FOL sale that I finished reading and want to take to Goodwill. I started thinking that since I don't have a lot going on this week, maybe this would be a good time to weed through my hall bookcase looking for more donations. These are mostly cookbooks.


Don't think the hall bookcase has space; I moved books from my den to the hall.


I do have some empty space on the den shelves now, however.

I have been reading a lot of books on Libby and Hoopla on my Galaxy tablet. These are free because my public library subscribes to those services.

 The book I just finished on Libby is book one of the Slow Horses series that my nephew mentioned at the family reunion in July. I had been forewarned about the language. I found the machinations and manipulation of the MI5 spooks among themselves interesting, but I didn't feel invested in the characters enough to want to read any more of the series. 

My download from last night that I have not yet begun is Better Living Through Birding by Christian Cooper. The problem with Libby is that you have to read the book in 14 days; Hoopla gives you 21 days. I do tend to find newer books on Libby though. 

I feel good about downsizing my book collection. 


No comments:

Post a Comment