Thursday, December 30, 2021

Bye-Bye Christmas Tree

 I used to take down my Christmas tree on New Year's Day, but for many years now I try to get it down before December 31st which is my husband's birthday. That way his birthday cards and meals are not overshadowed by Christmas things. I stored away most of my decorations today. I left the sunroom  decorated but did move the round table which had been in the living room holding the tree back there into its usual place.








The etagere goes back into the living room instead of sitting in the sunroom. 



I listened to my Christmas tapes while undecorating and moving things around. I have 7 of them and have decided to get rid of one. Yes, my very old boombox can play CDs and tapes (and tune into radio stations). 




I put the Christmas placemats in the laundry area so I can spot clean them before putting them away. The new placemats now on the table I have used only once before. I am finding the little fringe corners a nuisance and will probably cut them off soon.




The carnation arrived today for my husband's birthday from Grace Village. No monthly group birthday party at this time. The entertainer got COVID so they cancelled the party. Not sure if cancellations will be continuing or only for this month. He already received some birthday cards in the mail.

I am happy to report that I am feeling much better. I earlier bought some prosecco to toast in the New Year. Also, a small chocolate cake for the birthday honoree. We have decided to broil some high-quality steak rather than go out. We are mostly homebodies now until the virus cases die down some. However, we often did not eat out on New Year's Eve because of the long waits at restaurants so this isn't strange for us.

 Have a blessed 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment