Thursday, December 23, 2021

Central Park Christmas Decorations

 We drove through Winona Lake's main drag and then over to Warsaw Central Park Tuesday night to see Christmas lights/decorations. Tuesday was supposed to be warmer than Wednesday would be, and a chance of rain ruled out Thursday and Friday.

At the Park I was so cold. After walking around 15-20 minutes in a biting wind, I returned to the car with a cold nose and face, cold fingers, and an earache. I had put on my winter coat, but I didn't have any head covering, and the gloves I wore were pretty thin with a coating on some of the fingers to enable one to use a cell phone. I tried to take pictures on my phone. My husband had a light jacket, no hat, and no gloves. We were not prepared.



 

You can see the county courthouse dome in the background. The park sits beside a small lake right next to the downtown area.



These trees next to the stage constantly changed color and pattern. There was Christmas music playing as we walked around.



The little blue sign said to keep on the walkways, but you can see not far ahead puddles which were slushy and not safe to navigate. Several areas were like that; we tried the grass a few times but it was soggy. We had no rain recently so I guess the water came from the watering/irrigation system. 




There were lights and figures throughout the whole park. Some of them were "animated" (made to look like there was movement).

On the weekends they have a hot cocoa booth open and sometimes carolers. We saw 2 other people walking around at about 8:30 p.m. It seemed like a good idea, but it sure had a cold outcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment