Wednesday, December 29, 2021

A Touch of Something

 I have had a stuffed-up nose for several days; yesterday I had some sniffles, occasional sneeze and cough. I felt devoid of energy yesterday. Today I had a headache but that may be because I sat in a pickup truck over an hour trying to keep warm and alert.

Today I went to the free COVID testing site. I made an appointment, but the way it worked you just sat in line with all the other motor vehicles. It was an hour and a half past my appointment by the time I was tested. The good news is that I tested negative on the rapid result test (Binax). In ordinary times I would make myself comfortable at home until I recovered and not seek any outside information. However, I was with 3 relatives on Christmas Day who do not live with me. I felt I needed some reassurance that I hadn't exposed them to COVID.

I can't remember the last time I had a stuffed-up nose as my only symptom for days. I probably have a cold, perhaps the flu but no fever and only slight body aches. I definitely am not well, but not very sick.

We had 1 1/2 inches of snow yesterday. The forecast was for snow/rain mix in the evening, but around 1 p.m. the rain turned to snow and stayed that way for several hours. I will try to do an online grocery order for picking up tomorrow. Trying to limit exposure to people, and now that I might have something to pass along, I will try even harder.

Tomorrow I plan to take down most of my Christmas decorations including the tree. I will keep the poinsettia in the sunroom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment