Saturday, June 5, 2021

Perk-Me-Ups

 I have been feeling a bit down the last few days so today I decided to focus on things that cheer me up.



My rose bush is not the type to produce many single-stemmed blooms, but I found one yesterday. The plant does have clumps of roses now. My Asiatic lilies in my backyard patio are starting to flower. 

Yesterday my sister-in-law brought me a little pot of gerbera daisies.


Blooming plants give me joy.

I am getting quite a collection of get-well cards.


Knowing that people care about me and how I am doing also gives me joy. 

As I write this, I am viewing the lengthening shadows of pre-twilight (my favorite time of day). We have had pretty days though heat and humidity are building for next week. My husband went to the Village of Winona Art Fair this morning. He had a good chat with several woodworkers who were selling items. I am happy he could get out and enjoy himself after working so hard managing our home the past 11 days. He has definitely been out of his comfort zone. I am blessed to have him. 

I feel better already. Pivoting focus is good for the soul.

 I downloaded a free book from Wall Street Journal this morning. I will try to read it on my Samsung tablet which isn't too heavy to prop up fairly high so I don't have to keep my neck bent down. I started an audio book (biographical) by Madeline Albright but haven't really been drawn in. 

Counting down the days until I see Dr. Smith (June 9th) and hopefully get my neck brace off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment