Thursday, December 10, 2020

Another Wrinkle

 Yesterday the governor of Indiana promulgated new restrictions re COVID. All elective surgeries starting December 16th thru January 3rd are ordered to be postponed. I talked to the surgery coordinator Teri at Parkview Ortho. She told me the COO had sent out an email earlier today saying that they are designating all of their spine surgeries as urgent and plan to do them. 

I did read that outpatient day surgeries would not be affected by the gubernatorial order. Teri will call me if the interpretations being issued by Governor Holcomb's office change my situation. Right now she said to proceed as instructed. I have to stop some of my vitamins starting Saturday. 

I received an email from my family doctor's office today which wanted me to confirm my Dec. 16th appointment. This was an automated system of some kind. I have never received such a thing before. In the past I just received a reminder phone call a few days before, also automated. There was a message in the email that there was great demand for appointments currently and to let them know ASAP if I planned to cancel. 

The virus is rampant in Indiana. Yesterday we led the nation in community transmission rates. And yet today when I went to Meijer, there were people in the store without masks. Just 3 except little children. While I was filling my car trunk with my purchases, a family pulled up next to me and headed for the store. They were back in minutes. I wonder if they were told they could not enter. They never displayed any masks that I could see. The Amish shoppers still don't cover their noses; everybody else is pretty good at that. 

Today was my last visit to a grocery store for several months. I will be doing only online ordering with pickup.

No comments:

Post a Comment