Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Final Fling

 I had a pre-op appointment today at Parkview Ortho Hospital. A blood draw, EKG, MRSA swab test, and registering for the Meds to Beds program which will have the pharmacy at the medical center fill my post-op meds prescriptions and then deliver them to my room before I am discharged. Just 3 weeks until my surgery. My husband was not allowed to stay inside the building. He sat in the car and read a book for about 50 minutes. The car protected him from the blustery wind, but with little sunshine not much warmth inside the vehicle.

 The nurse administering the tests told me that on the day of surgery he will be allowed inside (and even can sit beside me a short while in the pre-op area), but once the anesthesiologist arrives, he will have to leave. He will be notified by phone about the surgery outcome and when to pick me up at the discharge exit. I won't know the time of my surgery until the afternoon of the 21st. 

Since we had to be in Fort Wayne today, we decided to drive to Jefferson Point to have lunch at Biaggi's. When we arrived, there were no cars and the chalkboard they use to list specials blocked the entrance door. It said "Closed Today". I am guessing they had an employee(s) with COVID and had to close for deep cleaning. We were really disappointed. Plenty of other restaurants in the area, but not as special as this Italian restaurant. We ate at Logan's Roadhouse instead. We had a view of a cheery fire in the fireplace as we ate. 

We bought a 4-foot artificial Christmas tree at Michael's. When I went to decorate our existing tree Friday, part of the lights were out. After trying to replace/fix dark bulbs, the whole tree was unlit. LOL. The guarantee/warranty on most of these small trees is 2-3 years. Since we had ours 8-9 years I guess we did OK. The new tree was priced half off. My husband has been saying he would rather have a tree with colored lights. Good thing because the small tree with white lights was sold out. 

I stopped at Talbot's to try on a skirt. I was interested in one that appeared on my Facebook Feed for Black Friday, but I had never purchased from that store so didn't know the right sizing. I guess you better be slim if you want to wear its clothes. Needless to say, Talbot won't be receiving any orders from robust me. 

We browsed Von Maur. That is such a pleasant store. I didn't see anything that struck my fancy, but my husband bought some hankies. The ladies "lounge"/restroom is outstanding. 

Our final stop was the new Trader Joe's. There is one in the Indianapolis area, but I believe this Fort Wayne store is only the second one in Indiana. Right by the door were some bouquets of flowers to buy. I got a beautiful small bunch of flowers for $3.99. 



The amaryllis and narcissi are reasonably priced, also. I will have to remember that for next year. I already bought an amaryllis from Breck's at a hefty price. My husband bought some "two buck Chuck" (Charles Shaw wine), but now it costs $2.99. 

When we got home, I opened the package that came from my oldest sister and her husband. Moose Munch! 4 packages of different flavors and the Moose Munch candy bars. I had one of those candy bars several years ago, and it made a delicious impression on me.

Today was a final fling. I may eat breakfast at a restaurant one more time. I have been switching over to online grocery ordering with drive-up pickup. My Christmas gift shopping has been online or done several weeks ago at Meijer. Time to stay out of restaurants and stores. I need to stay well. So do you! Be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment