Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Counting Down

 In 13 days I will have my cervical spine surgery. There is a wrinkle. My pre-op EKG was abnormal. They were able to find one from 7 years ago for comparison. There is an obvious difference. I thought I was to hear back yesterday whether they wanted me to see a cardiologist, but I did not. So I am moving forward as though everything is going on as scheduled. All of the results of the pre-op testing and procedures were to be sent to my family doctor who is doing the required pre-op physical on December 16th. I guess I will be able to find out more about the EKG on that day. Obviously that will probably be too close to the surgery day to see anybody about it. I wait.

Today I am getting everything out of my small chest freezer in the garage. I will reorganize so that things are easier to find. Toss out or plan to use up things that have been in there a long time. My husband will be doing some kitchen duty the first few days, maybe longer depending on how my recovery progresses. I will not be allowed to bend over and crane my neck to find stuff. So even if I feel well enough to cook, he will be the one to fetch things out of the depths.

We did one of our new jigsaw puzzles last week. The box said larger pieces easy to grasp or something like that. This 1000 piece puzzle barely fit on the "board" that my husband made to extend our card table. We had some on a TV tray when we first started, the overflow.


The flower bouquet I bought at Trader Joe's shrinks as I remove spent blooms. Maybe another few days before I throw it out.


Both of my sisters sent Moose Munch as gifts. It is going to be a Merry Moose Munch Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment