Monday, September 14, 2020

Milky Skies

 Woke up this morning to milky skies. The Western wildfire smoke has finally made it to the Great Lakes. Since our skies are otherwise clear, I will need to make an effort to see what kind of sunset we have tonight. I should be outdoors anyway to attend a band concert at Grace Village. To socially distance, the band will perform outside.

The rusty pink sedums are thriving now. I walked with my husband yesterday to the woodworking shop, and there are many sedums between the shop and the community center. I can also see some at the base of my neighbor's hydrangeas. 

I am feeling a bit down this week. I have an appointment with a spine orthopedist Wednesday to address some possible problems. Our county now has the highest positivity rate of any county in the state of Indiana. This might be because of more testing; but it also might mean a high community transmission of the virus. I had hoped to attend my church in person this month, but it isn't looking good risk-wise. My ipad freezes up when online. I can no longer play games from the comfort of my living room chair.

I need to refocus on positive things. I just saw a nuthatch come to the bird feeder. That perks me up.


No comments:

Post a Comment