Thursday, September 24, 2020

Books and More

 After my physical therapy session this morning, we headed to North Webster Public Library for the friends of the library book sale. Driving east on Old 30 and north on Indiana 13, we saw 3 yards with pumpkin stands, the one on IN 13 had maybe a hundred pumpkins of all sizes.

The sale started at 10 a.m. We arrived about 10:30. There were quite a lot of people browsing the items. I was a bit disappointed there weren't more jigsaw puzzles. Usually they have lots; but maybe people are holding on to them in case the state closes things down again so they have something to do. Actually, Indiana is doing better, down to a more acceptable level of transmission; our county is also finally down to under 5% community transmission. 

My husband picked out 2 DVD movies. I ended up with 7 fiction books and one decorating book. The Images is the jigsaw puzzle.





While I waited in the main library lobby for him, I noticed that there were free magazines. I picked up the September Better Homes & Gardens. 

We have viewing and reading material for the colder weather coming next week. Right now it is beautiful delightful weather. By next Thursday I will probably need my electric blanket even if only to warm things up for crawling under the covers. 

I have a set of exercises to do twice a day. My neck already feels better, but my arm feels worse. Normally I would have traction next week, but because I have a cervical level that is fused they are going to just do some deep muscle massage. My Medicare Advantage plan is waiving the $40 co-pay through September 30th so I will get two sessions "free". I also didn't pay any copay at the eye doctor nor for my colonoscopy. A "Pandemic Perk". Apparently so many people are avoiding going for medical care the insurance company is paying out very little; they are trying to give an incentive to take care of oneself. 

Tomorrow I am going to try to get a flu shot. That is always no cost to the patient under my insurance. 






No comments:

Post a Comment