Thursday, September 17, 2020

Time Marches On

 Even though we are living in a period of weirdness, time marches on. Next week will be the official start of autumn.

My C5-6 vertebra looks pretty ugly on the plain X-ray (severely collapsed was the term used), but looks can be deceiving when trying to identify pain generator(s). Dr. Smith would like to see MRI pictures of the cervical spine, but said the insurance company will require trying physical therapy before allowing an MRI. So next Thursday I will go to a physical therapy facility here in Warsaw. After an evaluation, suggestions will be made to reduce the pain. If I am not better in 4 weeks, I am to let Ortho Northeast know so an MRI can be scheduled before I see the doctor again on November 3rd.

 Meanwhile, I have tramadol for pain, and I am supposed to have gabapentin and a muscle relaxant, but those prescriptions were sent digitally to the wrong pharmacy. I cleared things up this morning, but though my pharmacy received them today, they are very busy and didn't have them ready at 3 p.m. when I picked up the pain killer. Another trip to Kroger tomorrow and I'll be set.

I ordered some blue earrings on Etsy. The pair I was trying to replace had intersecting silver rings with a blue bead; I bought them at Kohl's. These are a little different but look nice with my blouses.




The vendor sent along with her business card another printed card. On one side was a verse to pray to be saved; the other side had a prayer of rededication. A way to reach out to people during a pandemic I guess. 

This morning I went to an estate sale before going to pick up my online grocery order. I hit the jackpot! The deceased lady loved country style decorating and had several books. I bought 4. I also bought two music CDs. The wife of the president of Dallas Theological Seminary while we worked there is a sister to Steve Green. They arranged a private concert for the seminary staff and friends by Steve Green. He sang A Mighty Fortress Is Our God acapella. He sure has the pipes. It was the best solo of that hymn I have ever heard. The song is on the CD and starts out acapella but then backup singers and some instruments come in. The live rendition was better with the notes reverberating in the auditorium.


The Brickman CD still has the shrinkwrap on it. I have another disc of piano pieces by him; I need to listen to this one and see what it is like.

After my medical appointment in Fort Wayne yesterday, I went to Costco mainly looking for a new book by Jenna Bush Hager that came out September 8th. I always thought she was hired for TV because of her father. I read an excerpt of Everything Beautiful In Its Time in a magazine. She writes very well. The piece I read was about her maternal grandmother Jenna Welch. The book shares memories of her two grandmothers and her grandfather (George H. W. Bush). I am looking forward to reading it.



The next few days and nights will be cold (down to 40 at night). Good book reading weather. I bought some Pillsbury cinnamon rolls to bake and have with hot chocolate. 



My husband finished a shadow box recently. There is a remote control that changes the color of the lights. He asked the public library if they would like to display it in the children's section. They loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment