Sunday, August 30, 2020

Summer's Winding Down





I once saw a plaque that describes where we are seasonally. "There are two seasons: fall and waiting for fall." So true for an autumn lover. 

As my husband and I drove toward Syracuse, Indiana, about 11 a.m. today we saw browning corn stalks, fields of yellowing soybeans, and blooming goldenrod. Technically autumn is about 3 weeks away on the calendar, but in my heart I feel it advancing. 

A beautiful Sunday found us dining at the Channel Marker. We sat on the covered deck/porch. We saw a few boats arrive and dock to enjoy waterside dining. The channel linking Lake Wawasee and Syracuse Lake has lots of boat and watercraft (such as jet skis) traffic.

                                               














I had shrimp tacos and my husband had coconut shrimp.

On the way home we stopped at Heart of the Lakes Antiques. I am still searching for pink or blue earrings. Instead I bought 2 books on sale: one to deconstruct for my decorating folders and one to read. The non-decorating book is a memoir about a family summer home. It was a National Book Award finalist, and the few paragraphs I read were well-written. 



 Today is my last fling of summer. I doubt I will do much interesting in the next few weeks. It has been a strange summer; our day trip to South Haven the only get-away.

















No comments:

Post a Comment