Tuesday, August 18, 2020

A Gorgeous Day to Walk

It has been many weeks since I walked around my neighborhood. Today it was 58 degrees at 8 a.m., and mid-60's at nine when I headed out. No humidity and a light breeze. Some cloud cover from time to time. Perfect walking weather.

Some plants are starting to hint at autumn. The tree I can see out my bathroom window is always the first to take on color.
The two bushes near my porch have a bit of change. The fothergilla was beautiful last year with golden leaves edged with red. I am hoping for the same this year.


Don't remember the name of this bush. It starts out promising, but last year mostly changed to brown.

There were some differences at the pond. I noticed they took away the white dock. In past years I would sometimes sit there (first looking out for goose poop) and read a book or magazine. There is a layer of green scum across the water. A large tree is down (wonder if from the derecho but we didn't have a lot of wind).
Early last fall I saw some bittersweet berries among the growth. I made a mental note to myself to get some in autumn 2020 to put in a vase. The only berries I saw today are green so I took a photo to try to identify using the leaves whether it is bittersweet. Yes, it is.
Not sure what this foliage is that is turning red.
There are still plenty of pretty summer flowers in the neighborhood.





The garden I can see through my southern bedroom window has lots of pumpkins and a bit of squash.
Also some tall sunflowers.

I have the windows and doors in my condo open to let in fresh air. I hope some of the Warsaw schools have windows that can be opened. Today is the first day of school; some extra ventilation would be good for the students and teachers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment