Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Today's Walk

Around 9:30 this morning I headed for the pond. Fresh air on the breeze felt good. We are to be around 90 degrees today, and the rest of the week is to be hot and humid. The humidity wasn't too bad yet this morning.

A resident of Grace Village gave money to buy flags for the planters, etc. around the apartment building and the flag circle. A nice touch for Memorial Day.
Several Robin Hood (condo) residents fly flags most days. We just put ours up on patriotic holidays.


Many people in the neighborhood through which I walked have flower baskets and pots now.
I added a geranium to my porch.
My neighbors' peonies are blooming.

My daffodil stems/leaves were falling over. I cut some short to get them off the speedwell plants. There is a tinge of pink on some of the Asiatic lily buds. Maybe in 10 days we will see them bloom. I bought them the first week of July last year already in bloom; perhaps with the right weather conditions they will bloom in June.

Only one quince bloom left. 
It is a beautiful day; I am glad I was able to be outside for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment