Monday, October 8, 2018

Roller Coaster

I took the thermal blanket off of my bed this morning. Too warm now that we have days in the 80's. I had it folded to the side the last several nights anyway. I put on a flannel sheet that serves as a light blanket if I need more than my regular sheet. We were in the low 60's several days, now a run of 80's until Thursday when we will be 30 degrees cooler. Then it will be time for the electric blanket at last. Maybe bake some zucchini bread, too. The ups and downs should be about over.

My colossal Costco mum is in full bloom now. 
With the cooler weather this weekend, it will be time to plant my winter aconite bulbs/corms. They look like large dried-up chocolate chips. I had to order these on the internet. They are the little yellow flowers I saw last March under an apartment window. I have given up on crocus.


This week is swap shop at Grace Village. I saw a purse, a necklace, and a shirt last Friday when I brought my contributions in, but they were all gone by 9:30 a.m. when I arrived this morning for the taking part.
I did take a couple of tops that aren't perfect fits, but they will serve my purpose of garden/house work. 

Almost every time I put my weekly pill minder in my purse when we eat out at restaurants, the lid has come open and I have to dig around in the bottom of my purse to find the pills. No more. I have a new pill minder with tight lids from swap shop. Easy to see color, too.
The other item I took to play around with is a container of curlers. I have been toying with the idea of curling my hair occasionally, especially as it grows out mid-way thru my haircut cycle.
These look unused and come in several sizes. I still have some ratty old ones from decades ago; these will replace them and be better.



No comments:

Post a Comment