Saturday, October 6, 2018

Punky

I awoke at 3:30 a.m. Thursday feeling like I needed to throw up. I was supposed to go with my husband to Fort Wayne after my Y Silver Sneakers class ended and I had showered. I never made it out of bed except to visit the bathroom several times.

I felt well enough around 12:30 to eat a light and fairly bland lunch, but about two hours later my stomach felt upset again. I went back to bed to sleep a few hours. 

By dinner, I managed to eat some leftover chicken/pasta casserole without any after effects. The rest of the evening I felt OK.

I learned Wednesday at Winona Literary Club that one of my key officers isn't just suffering mental confusion because of an UTI as she told me, but has been diagnosed with dementia. 
She can no longer drive so her daughter dropped her off at the meeting site. 

I have contacted the daughter and I'm working with her to have her mother write a note of resignation. I supposedly will receive it next week. Then I have to find someone to replace this officer; it was a struggle finding a nominee for this post last spring because nobody wanted to take it. I am praying I can find someone willing to serve. Then she will have to go with me to the bank to present her driver's license and sign an authorized signature card.

The person who was to give the book review October 3rd contacted the Program Committee chairwoman because the Literary Chair is gone for 3 weeks. She said she never agreed to do a report. Some misunderstanding/miscommunication there. Since I have been reading some of the new Amish fiction books I bought for Grace Village Library, I said I would do a report. I only had one week's notice, however. 

I doubt I will continue in the club once my term expires. I am burned out already and we have barely started. It is pleasant to come and be entertained and informed and have fellowship over refreshments. I haven't been in that position for several years, and this year I have about reached the breaking point. The club may not survive after this year anyway since few members are able or willing to fill positions of responsibility. The club has become a burden for me, not an enjoyable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment