Friday, October 26, 2018

Autumn Lunch

I took time to savor my lunch of butternut squash soup, half a croissant, and a Fuji apple. I hadn't eaten a Fuji in quite some time and had forgotten how good it tastes. I was trying to jolly myself out of my crabby mood. It took me twice the usual time to complete my grocery shopping this morning.

Yep, the Owens/Kroger store is moving everything around again. I knew they had laid new flooring in the produce section and were painting walls throughout the store. Some of the shelving is empty so they are not done yet with rearranging things.
The produce clerk tried to help me find specific things, but even he wasn't sure where some things were located. In the past, they have had a "helper" at the end of the center aisles to tell people where to go, but none today; I guess because they are not done. 

I went to Fort Wayne Wednesday to make the last installment payment on our winter cruise. Then since I was in the city, I spent some time at the mall and at Costco. Bought another batch of croissants. I did put most of them in the freezer because they are quite addictive, especially when warmed slightly in the microwave. At Costco I bought my first Christmas gift though I have been reflecting on what to give others. 

My husband does woodworking projects with a man from our church. The man asked if he and his wife could come to our house to watch the World Series first game. They only have antenna TV.
I am not a big fan of baseball. Too slow for me, but I thought well at least I can root for the Dodgers, my hometown team. LOL. It turns out Em, his wife, attended Red Sox spring training camps in Florida as a girl. Her aunt, an artistic person, had created a poster of Ted Williams pitching with the ball large as if in your face. She had all of the Red Sox players autograph the ball in the poster. She had also drawn a picture of Ted Williams, and he signed it for her. Em was wearing a Red Sox pin on her blouse when she arrived. She had baked brownies and brought to share. Fortunately for me, I am not a big baseball fan because the Red Sox won handily. 



No comments:

Post a Comment