Friday, April 27, 2018

This Is The Life

I went to the North Webster Friends of the Library sale yesterday. I bought 12 items (10 books, one large-print; 2 audio books) for the retirement library. I bought for myself 2 jigsaw puzzles, and got one puzzle for free as it had a piece missing. One of the puzzles is Christmas/winter scene so I put it away. The free 500-piece puzzle I started yesterday afternoon and finished this morning. I really like it. It reminds me of my beachcombing interests.


The daffodils are rampant around our neighborhood. Tomorrow is the Peabody Retirement Community tulip festival, but I have seen hardly any tulips around here, and those not open. Maybe the end of next week I can travel to North Manchester. We are to be in the 70s after Sunday. Our pear tree has lots of buds; they will probably open into a white canopy by mid-week. The weeping willows and magnolias have their new growth. 

My husband is starting on a big woodworking project for the Chime Choir. They need new tables. He is building a prototype and after he gets feedback, he will build 16 tables to hold the chimes. He did procure the wood for the legs. Next will be the plywood sheets for the tops. 
 
Tonight we will attend a recital at a local church of the students in Grace College's Worship Major program. This is a new program so we don't know what to expect. Grace College eliminated its Music Major program several years ago.

Our Carson's is shutting down (one of the Bon Ton chain stores) by August. So far the liquidators haven't marked down the prices much. I plan to go to the bigger Carson's store in Fort Wayne on Tuesday to see what bargains they have. I will be sorry to see it go away. 

I need to go to the AAA office in that city to make a payment on our 2019 winter cruise. Yes, we put a deposit on a partial-canal trip to Panama with Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Costa Rica, and Cartagena Columbia as additional ports. This will be on Princess, a new cruise line for us.

Other than a two-night stay at a B&B in South Haven, Michigan in July, we have no other travel plans. 

In the past month there have been over 720 views of my blog by sources in Italy. It skews the statistics terribly and has taken a lot of joy out of blogging. There is no good way for me tell if real people are enjoying and learning from my blog. I wish this robot viewer would disappear. 

Ah, well, at last it feels and looks like spring which lifts the spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment