Thursday, April 19, 2018

Daffy Days

We woke up to a light dusting of snow this morning, but slowly it has warmed up though with a cold wind. The daffodils coaxed by the sunshine have finally opened. Next week we are to be in the 60's. Finally more normal temperatures. This has been one of the coldest Aprils on record.


Next Monday the Grace Village Swap Shop starts. I saw an interesting jigsaw puzzle when I took over some things to contribute. You never know what will still be there when Monday morning arrives. Some people ignore the start time and take things early. 
I am grateful for whatever I find that will enhance my life. One year it was a big-numbers clock. Last year notepads for grocery list making. A few years nothing, but at least I did get rid of some of my clutter. 

There is a book sale at the North Webster Public library starting next Thursday. I will try to take a look as I do still have some money and some series gaps to complete. They often have jigsaw puzzles to buy as well; I'll do some personal shopping for me.

Our county participates in the Community Read program. 6 copies of this year's book, Frankenstein by Shelley, were given to us and placed in the library. 5 of the 6 have been taken which is encouraging. There will be a Shelley impersonator/dramatist next week I believe at a special dinner meeting in Warsaw, but I don't plan to attend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment