Saturday, April 7, 2018

April Angst

We had a high of 34 today, down to 22 tonight, snow starting around midnight Sunday and into Monday. That electric blanket is going to feel good tonight. 

My husband has been watching the Masters golfing on TV. What beautiful flowers surround that course in Augusta.

I have two lily blooms left on my plant. The bloom stalk has appeared on 3 daffodils so there is hope. I think I might go pick up my Bloom of the Month tulips this week, too. 

The lady in charge of residents' activities has decided to hold a reception in the library to celebrate National Library Week. Of course she expects me to be there to answer questions, etc. I'm not too thrilled. She tried this two or three years ago, and we had 4 people show up. I have made good progress in filling in the fiction series gaps; bought 20 books in the last 2 weeks. A few of those I bought on ebay with no shipping charge. Almost as inexpensive as Better World Books. However, the shelves are almost full again.

It is going to warm up Wednesday and last for several days. It might even be 60 Thursday when we travel to Fort Wayne for an appointment and some shopping. It doesn't feel a bit like April. Today we had lots of sunshine, blue sky with puffy white clouds so it looked like spring if one didn't venture out. I haven't been outside all day. Instead I baked some zucchini bread using the last of my frozen zucchini. Oh, it smelled so good in the house.

I am so tired of my winter clothes. Looks like less than a week until I can switch to lighter items. Are you antsy for the real spring to appear?

No comments:

Post a Comment