Friday, April 13, 2018

Spring Sings

One of the blogs I read regularly made reference to Sara Teasdale's poem "April". Though the trees are bare and there are no spring blooms yet, she knows it is spring because spring sings to her. Here in my neighborhood, spring just broke out into a chorus of yellow daffodils. Even my laggards show yellow in the bud now.

I see this neighbor's daffodils from my bedroom window. The red sprouts are the peony bushes emerging. See all of those little pine cones I wrote about earlier. I walked to the library this afternoon in very windy but sunny 70 degrees. I saw other daffodils and the star magnolia has one bloom opening along the paved walk.

Of course along with the beautiful blooms of spring come weeds. I do have a yellow bloom in my flowerbed, a dandelion.
Even though I know rain and snow are predicted for the next 3 days, I feel we have turned the corner. I hear spring's song.

No comments:

Post a Comment