Monday, March 13, 2017

Tulips Opening



The tulips are opening. There will be 3 of them. There is a small unopened bloom tucked in the leaves, but I doubt the plant will stay alive long enough for it to grow and bloom.


Yes, that is snow in the background. It started last night and has sifted slowly down during the day. As I crawled under the electric blanket in my winter nightgown last night, I thanked God for providing warmth. The snow isn't the big story for us as it will be in the Northeast, but we will remain cold for several days. I can stay inside tomorrow, but Wednesday I have literary club. We will still be in the low-to-mid twenties Wednesday afternoon.

I ordered 20 books from Better World Books yesterday to fill the gaps in series titles in our retirement library. However, I have over 100 gaps to fill; this is a start of a project that will go on for years because I have very limited funds.
There is a public library book sale April 7th. Usually, I fill the gaps with 2 books a year when browsing and buying at these kinds of sales. It is very hit and miss. The prices are good, however. I feel filling the gaps is important to enhance the library collection. At least at Better World Books, the prices are about $4-5 with free shipping. The profits go towards literacy programs throughout the United States. It is a good place to buy; the online store did not have all of the titles I was seeking, but I can continue to browse over the next few months. I have some money left to spend.


No comments:

Post a Comment