Friday, March 10, 2017

Sunny But Cold

This morning when I drove to the grocery store there were snow flurries coming down. After lunch, the sun came out, but it is windy. Current temperature is 29 degrees (at 4 p.m.). We may get a little accumulation of snow Monday into Tuesday. We won't warm up much again for another week. A reminder that it is still winter.

To cheer myself, I bought a small pot of tulips.



I also bought a cinnamon muffin to share with my husband this afternoon with a cup of tea.

This week I have been reading Amy Clipston's series Hearts of the Lancaster Grand Hotel.
Today when I worked in the library, I returned volume 2 and picked up volume 3. These are the first books written by Clipston that I have read. She is a pretty good writer. After I read A Dream of Home, there is still one more book in the series, but our library does not own it.
It is on the list of series gaps to fill. I have started compiling the gap list; so far I have about 20 books I consider priority purchases.
Tomorrow I will look on Better World Books to see if any of them are for sale. Otherwise, I will have to look for used copies on Amazon, but then there will be a shipping fee. A few of our gap books are on the Kindles, and I have read them there, but most of the retirement residents won't use the Kindles.

Right now, I have people asking for The Shack. We own a copy, but it is not on the shelf. Two weeks ago, The Great Gatsby sat falling apart in the return box. I will try to find a cheap replacement. Never a dull moment in the library. Today I finished adding the mass market paperbacks to our catalog (online data base). Still have all of the Love Inspired books to add though.

Windows Live Writer still does not work if one wants to post pictures. I feel a little more comfortable posting from Blogger. I guess this is going to be my only option.

My husband went off to the workshop to do his project. It is quiet here. I think I will tuck my slippered feet under me in the recliner and read some more Mary Oliver poems.





Then I hope to look through the decorating book I bought at Good Will Wednesday.  I should have time to add to my folders tonight or tomorrow. I am thawing out some zucchini I froze so I can bake bread tomorrow. There are some comforts to winter.

Hope you are having some cozy comfortable moments in your day and weekend.



















No comments:

Post a Comment