Friday, March 24, 2017

5th Blogging Anniversary Slipped Right By

I meant to post on the 5th anniversary of my blog start (March 22nd) and managed to forget. I get little feedback. I doubt my blog enhances anyone's life, but as long as I have a sense of accomplishment doing it, I will continue. If it bores me or no longer interests me I will stop. I doubt I would erase all of my posts though. I have seen or heard of cases where bloggers do that.

Sometimes I am busy with other things so don't post. Other times the well is dry, I don't feel like writing or I can't think of anything interesting to post. I have some idea of what kinds of posts are read the most, but since I am not committing a lot of time to research or place descriptions, but just posting as things come along in my life, there isn't likely to be a concerted effort to create those kinds of posts. That's OK. That is where I am in relation to writing posts right now.

When I first started reading blogs, I found most blogs last 2-3 years as active entities. Life priorities change. It is also hard work to sustain a viable blog for very long.

The bots can be discouraging, skewing stats. This week my description about Winona Lake shot up to be my second most-read post. That makes me happy, but I think some of it is bots accessing the posts. I have a few posts that show no one viewed them; quite a few with 2-6 viewings, but at least half a dozen with over a hundred reads. The way "viewings" are counted isn't very clear. For example, I think when somebody views a post and then scrolls down to the preceding one, that older one isn't counted. I like to go back and re-read some of my posts; that is why I am pretty sure I won't delete them.

No comments:

Post a Comment