Friday, March 17, 2017

Snuggling and Snoozing Weather

About the only signs of spring around here are the daffodils I bought at the grocery store yesterday.


My tulip blooms are spent. These are a nice replacement.

My husband likes to eat breakfast at a restaurant. We usually go together on Fridays; we have weekend delivery of the Fort Wayne newspaper and take it with us. I told him last night that the forecast was for freezing rain around 6 a.m. this morning. I got up at 7:15. There was a little light snow so we decided to go to a nearby restaurant. While eating, the snow started coming down at a good clip. By the time we headed for home, sleet was falling. A good day to cocoon at home, snuggling under a blanket or throw. Now that I have the lunch dishes cleaned up, I feel a little drowsy. A nap sounds good. My husband is stretched out in his recliner watching some of the March Madness, but I won't be surprised if he nods off.

A big box arrived from Better World Books Wednesday afternoon. That is the fastest I have ever received a shipment from them (4 days). They used UPS instead of the U.S. postal system like they have previously. For the most part, the books are in very good condition. I plan to catalog them this afternoon. However, my nap is calling to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment