Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Progress

 I learned Monday that I was mistaken on June 22nd that the trusses had arrived for the condo reconstruction. The workers were just clearing off the damaged roof and taking down some of the burnt timber. On Monday a truck arrived with the trusses. Today a big crane showed up to hoist them to the roof.








I walked one block over to observe the activity. 
My backdoor neighbor's front yard has been overtaken by lumber and other items. We can hear the hammering, but it isn't too loud.


The construction made for an interesting walk for me. This morning my stitches and staples were removed. I am finding the incision area very tender, my back sore. I loosened up the area by walking. After 2 weeks on a catheter, I contracted an UTI. The med to treat that made me nauseated Sunday. Now, it gives me a gut ache. I will finish Friday; hopefully, I will feel normal by then. The end is in sight. Probably another 2-3 weeks to get back to normal routines and movements after the surgery.

I had never gone to the backdoor-and-one-over condo to peer thru the patio door to see the damage. I was a bit startled. This was the living and dining areas. The bedroom which was next to where the fire started and most damaged I didn't look at because it was under the roofers. 


Good progress has been made the past two days, but obviously there is a lot to do. The attached condo just east of the above one, was completely gutted. It is going to be months before the two units are habitable, but the work has finally begun.




No comments:

Post a Comment