Friday, May 27, 2022

Settling In

 The Grace Village maintenance men moved the equipment and supplies from the old workshop to the new last Monday. My husband has been busy unboxing things and figuring out where to put them. The new shop has some cabinets and drawers but they don't correspond to the layout of the old shop. The man who works on stained glass projects has pretty much finished stowing his things. The other guy who does furniture repair and restoration mainly uses the center table. He has been unable to do much in  the shop as his wife fell and broke her collar bone about 2 weeks ago. 


This detached garage has two front doors, but the one on the right has been blocked with a wall of pegboard.


My husband's workbench is between two windows; it gets lots of natural light.


Lots of things still in boxes, but progress has been made.








The glass worker will have his station here where there is cabinet space for his glass and tools.

My backdoor neighbor offered me a peony. It smells so nice.


I will have an epidural injection of steroid on June 10th. The pain management doctor uses Kosciusko Community Hospital every other Friday. Otherwise he is in Fort Wayne. I was surprised when he hit my knees with the little hammer and there was almost no reflex jerk. I see on the internet that lumbar level 4 is mostly involved with that reflex; both of the nerve roots are badly pinched at that level in my spine.

 After the injection I am to see the nurse practitioner at Fort Wayne Orthopedics to report any improvement or lack of improvement in pain level. Because I prefer not to drive to Fort Wayne often, I needed to fit into her schedule for Warsaw. She only comes every two weeks. I could have seen her June 24th, but my community is having a neighborhood garage sale. I want to participate so I can sell a few items that I have been gathering together. So it will be July 8th when I report back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment