Thursday, May 5, 2022

Posies

 I bought some plants for my front porch late last week. Because of cold weather and lots of wind, I mostly kept them sheltered in a back corner. Now, though we are having rain, we will finally have a streak of warm days, even hot days (up to 80 degrees). 




I still would like to find a hanging basket. I keep looking around at stores, but so far nothing has struck my fancy. 

My flowering quince bush has lots of pretty coral blooms now. The iris leaves are getting taller. Maybe by the end of May they will bloom.



Tonight I am fixing chicken fajitas in honor of Cinco de Mayo. I have a package of grilled chicken strips in the freezer; I bought a package of tortillas and have some small colored peppers and onion to add to the chicken. A package of Mexican rice to quickly cook in a saucepot should be adequate. I should go slice the peppers and dice the onion, but I had some coffeecake around 4 p.m. and don't feel very hungry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment