Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Future Reads

 Last week I went to the North Webster Friends of the Library sale.

I did find some books to purchase. Actually, I want to read a series by Beth Wiseman on Hoopla so these purchases may wait a while.



The closet book I will save for the day we move into an apartment which will probably be 5 or 6 years ahead. We will need to efficiently use limited space. We have some condo neighbors who will be moving into my husband's sister's former apartment. They are having a patio slab installed and redoing the kitchen. They also wanted a new sink vanity in the bathroom, but there are long delays in getting things like this because of the supply problems.




The Jody Hedlund book is Christian historical romance. I have read some of her other books and enjoyed them. Terri Blackstock writes Christian suspense books. Suzanne Chazin is a secular mystery/suspense writer; I have not read any of her books before. The cost for the books was $1 each.

Landscapes of His Grace : a Visual Devotional was published by Charles Stanley's In Touch Ministries. Apparently Mr. Stanley is quite an avid photographer.


Since he has traveled all over the world speaking and ministering, his photos reflect lots of diversity. 


There are devotional entries with comments and Scripture and a photo facing the written page, followed by 2-4 more photos. The main thrust is seeing God not only in His Word but in His world (creation).


I wish they had labelled below or next to the picture where it is or what it is. Instead there is an "index" in the back that correlates with the page number. There are over 200 glossy photos. It resembles a coffee-table book and must have been expensive to publish. The book jacket says $40, but I assume this was sent as a gift to donors. 

I just started it yesterday. It should be a nice resource for several weeks. I will flip back to the index because I do want to know the places photographed. The first photo was a barn in the Grand Tetons that I also photographed. We got up really early so the rising sun would shine on the barn. Looks like he did, too. Probably a lot of people will just drink in the beauty of the photos without using the index.

I am scheduled for an MRI on Thursday (Cinco de Mayo); the follow-up at Fort Wayne Orthopedics will be May 10th. In a week I should have some answers and hopefully some options to relieve pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment