Monday, November 30, 2020

Christmas Concert Canceled



 You may remember that several weeks ago I decided to not participate in the Grace Village choir at this time. Except for one other lady, nobody but me wore masks during the hour-long practice. I felt uncomfortable in such a situation; the risk was too high for me. 

Today I received an email from the choir director sent to the choir mailing list. The December 18th concert has been canceled. Currently there are 6 choir members with active COVID and 3 quarantining because of exposure to these sick people. Also, 4 other people have joined me in not attending. All of this has happened in the past 8-10 days.

I am grateful that I bowed out before all of this took place. It is sad but to me at least not surprising. Aerosolized droplets from singing contain the virus and travel at least 12 feet where they remain suspended in the air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment