Thursday, November 5, 2020

A Beautiful Day for a Walk

 We have been bestowed with the gift of several days of Indian summer. I cut down most of my Veronica this morning, but there were two little patches of newer flowers I decided to let stay. 


I thought I had put my grill to bed for the winter, but this evening I am going to cook some marinated pork chops. I forgot how early it gets dark now that we have gone back an hour. Just got out the Forman grill and did them inside.

My husband flips on the TV from time to time to listen to the talking heads. I decided to walk around my neighborhood. It is peaceful and full of autumn beauty.



Despite the uncertainty of the results of the election, God is in control. 


Bandit is enjoying the porch sunshine. His mistress has given him lots of pretty things to view.


At the landscaper shed/garage there were plants gathered up in tubs for the winter I guess. I don't know where the pinkish "berries" were previously. 

A lot of trees are almost bare, but the ornamental pear trees are in full glory. They and burning bushes are the last spots of bright color each year in our neighborhood.




Maybe tomorrow afternoon I will sit on my front porch and drink in all of the beauty while I start a new book. Happy autumn days to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment