Saturday, November 16, 2019

Impossible Whopper

We ate lunch at Burger King today. Our whole purpose of going there was to try the meatless burger. At Burger King, the Impossible Burger is available as a whopper. 

I thought it tasted like beef and was textured like meat; the only difference to me was that the meat seemed a little dry. I added some ketchup to the bun.

The liner on our tray gave nutritional information on the backside for Burger King products. The Impossible Whopper has not yet been added to that list. I have read elsewhere that most of these meatless burgers are heavy in sodium. But since I got the "meal" and was eating French fries, I guess sodium wasn't an issue for me today. 

The meatless burger cost $1 more than the regular burger. It would be nice to see some coupons to use on this product. We don't eat fast-food burgers much except when traveling; then we often stop at McDonald's. I have seen some frozen patties at Kroger; I think there may be some frozen "crumbles" as well for tacos and things like that. Right now the price rather than taste or quality would keep me from using these products often.


No comments:

Post a Comment