Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Ancestry DNA Updates Results Again

I received another email from AncestryDNA with refined results. They claim that the techniques for determining ethnic/region percentages have changed to give better more defined breakdowns.

Now my results show 56% Great Britain (specifically England) and 44% Germanic Region which includes Holland. I don't know what happened to the Norwegian element from previous analysis, but it has been dropped. Since I know from family history that most of my relatives came from England, Holland, and Germany there are no surprises in these results.

Those TV commercials with people being excited about new things they have learned about their families don't really apply to me now. The Norwegian was a surprise, but now I apparently don't have any of that ethnicity. I am glad I did the test because it made me focus more on my maternal grandmother's branch and realize that it was mostly British. I had been focused on Germany and Holland. So I am your run-of-the-mill Anglo-Saxon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment