Friday, November 3, 2017

The Big Book Hunt Continues



I went to 2 Friends of the Library book sales within a week; one at North Webster Public Library on October 26th and one at Warsaw Community Public Library today. I bought 12 books last Thursday, four of them Christmas books. I will put them in the library hall display after Thanksgiving along with a few other Christmas books that were donated in the past several months. The residents like having them displayed so they don't have to browse the shelves to find Christmas books, they can just take them from the display.

This morning I bought 10 books, none Christmas-related, but a few large print books and 7-8 that will fill the series gaps we have.

Of course the series desiderata list keeps growing. I bought a Maclaren book and a Blackstock book last week that are part of series we didn't have. So now I need to find 3 books to complete those series. Of the writing of books there is no end, and Christian fiction series proliferate like rabbits. I saw a few interesting books today that I passed over because they were part of series we don't have, and I didn't want to create gaps unless they were popular authors.

I spent $19.50 for 22 books, a pretty good bargain. A few of the books I bought today are quite worn (library copies), but overall most of the books are in good shape and by authors the Grace Village residents love to read. The library serves more and more readers it seems by the rapidly filling return box. This a book-loving group.

Book buying can be fun except I know that to add new books I will have to weed books from the collection to make shelf space, a task I don't enjoy. The residents are appreciative, however, and a word of thanks goes a long way to keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment