Thursday, November 9, 2017

A Touch of Winter

I cut off my sole sunflower head and tore it into several pieces thinking a squirrel or deer might find it tasty. Nothing touched it. Yesterday I removed the seeds from the head and spread them around. So far, no takers. True there are bird feeders all around with seeds; but non-bird critters should find these easier to access. Maybe with the heavy frosts the next few days, more animals will start foraging. So far a bit disappointing for me. 

I finally put the mum and geranium out with the garbage bag today. No sense having to put them in the garage overnight when that would be every night in the foreseeable future. Our projected high for tomorrow is 37 degrees, quite a bit below normal. At least I can now wear my sweatshirts comfortably.

Saturday afternoon my husband and I are going to a Notre Dame ladies basketball game. We were given the tickets gratis. We will see Muffet McGraw in person. That should be fun.

I bought some yarn at Meijer and plan to try knitting a pair of slippers. I still consider myself a learner. This will be a new pattern for me. With the colder weather, things like knitting and reading books sound like nice inside activities. 

It seems a little early to cocoon in my house, but I am not a lover of cold weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment