Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Swordfish Tonight

When I went to the store to buy some frozen marinated salmon I really like, the store had none. On sale in the case was frozen swordfish. I have never cooked swordfish but decided to grill it. Two “steaks” per package was just right. I have eaten swordfish at restaurants and knew it would be bland. I purchased some mango peach salsa. It went well with the fish.

I also used the pan I bought last summer to grill some potatoes and a yellow pepper.

Mixed fresh fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, and honeydew) from the grocery produce section completed the meal. For dessert we had Jello brand lemon pudding cups topped with blueberry sauce. Lemon flavor and blueberries go together so well. I still have in the freezer about 3-4 cups of blueberries picked last year. Another month or so and the new crop will be ready to pick.

We had two beautiful days of pleasant low-humidity weather. This morning we had light rain and the humidity is higher. Feels like summer. Eat like summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment