Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Roses

 

We didn’t get to the monthly birthday/anniversary party yesterday in the main campus. This morning someone called to remind me I had a rose waiting. In the past, I figured if I didn’t make it, I forfeited the flower. In honor of our June anniversary, I now have a salmon pink and white rose.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Our front porch rose bush is blooming, too. I was able to find two singles (not in a clump as most are on this bush).

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And finally the moss roses are starting to bloom. Kind of late this year.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

My backdoor neighbor invited me to help myself to some hydrangeas. They look about ready to pick. I will go over Saturday morning to get some.

We had a big storm pass through Monday afternoon around 4 p.m. I had walked over to the main campus to work in the library a few hours and then get my haircut at 3:30. The sky got dark, we could hear rumbles of thunder, and a warning came to the hairdresser’s cell phone. I told her I was going to have to call my husband to pick me up. Lo and behold, we were just finishing when my husband with umbrella in hand showed up. He knew I needed rescue. Big fat drops were just starting to splat as we reached the car.

Unfortunately, the winds picked up and blew over all the potted plants on the porch and knocked the shiny green ball off of its stand. In the jumble laid my duck with its head severed. I shall miss my friend.

PA010355

No comments:

Post a Comment