Sunday, August 9, 2015

Grace Notes

Grateful today for the little things that add enjoyment and beauty to life.



My moss roses usually close up around 3 p.m. Today it has been overcast, and they are still fully open at 5 p.m. I love the many colors and the rare surprise of a white bloom.

My new helper in the library is away for 3 weeks. I went over this afternoon and the return box was full. As I was shelving books, a gentleman stepped in with more returns and said “Thank you for your labor of love.” How can that help but brighten one’s day.

 Sweet little tomatoes from the Farmer’s Market I bought yesterday. Better than any I could find in a grocery store for sure. Summer a season of abundance: raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, sweet corn, tomatoes, zucchini, and soon peaches from Michigan.

 

Finished this good book about our friends in Mitford. My husband gave this to me for Christmas, but I was waiting for a time I could devote to reading. Loved the book.

 What has embellished your life this weekend and made you thankful for God’s provisions? My beggar’s bowl is full to the brim with grace notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment