Saturday, April 19, 2014

Deer Candy

Earlier this week we had several cold nights/early mornings. They nipped a few of the crocus. I had enjoyed the blooms for about 2 weeks; I told my husband Wednesday to remove the board we had been using to cover the crocus at night. Sure enough, Thursday the flowers had all been eaten by the deer. The deer received their Easter candy early.

 I am enjoying my indoor blooms though.

The pink tulips were mostly closed when I bought them Thursday. Today (Saturday) they are opening up. The bowl of wooden eggs were made by  my husband out of a variety of wood species. They are remarkably light weight given they are of wood.

Last night the Grace Village choir (to which I belong), presented a lovely Good Friday service of sacred music and narrative. There were several hymns in which the congregation joined. It seemed to touch people’s hearts and put us into the right frame to praise God for his great sacrifice and tomorrow for the joy of resurrection.

My Easter lily had two partially opened blooms when I bought it over a week ago. Slowly, day by day, more have been opening. Just one left to open, and it looks like that will happen tomorrow. All of the lilies celebrating Christ’s resurrection together.



Have a joyous and blessed Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment