Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Fabric Coasters

My sister-in-law from Livonia, Michigan was visiting my husband’s sister in Warsaw. We had supper with them last night. She had made some fabric coasters for a church project and had some left over. I really like the flowers on the dark background. It reminds me of some of the Echo scarves I used to peruse at department stores in my 30’s. I flipped one of the coasters over so you can see that there is a floral back as well as the four squares fitted together. I need to have a cup of tea soon to use these coasters. I really like them.

Though I did some simple sewing in home economics classes in junior and senior high school, it isn’t a skill I acquired. Grace Village has recently set up a sewing room with machine for use by residents. Maybe I should think about learning. Lots of helpers probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment