Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Internet Explorer Security Flaw

I'm writing this post from blogger rather than using Windows Live Writer. I wanted to record a change in my blog stats. Usually, more than 70% of the views of my blog are made using Internet Explorer. The past few days more than 70% are using Mozilla Firefox with another 25% using Chrome or Safari. That means people are following the advice to switch from Internet Explorer as a browser until Microsoft fixes the security flaw. I think that is pretty good response to advice.

I have had Firefox on my computer for quite awhile. I used it a lot while trying to make the healthcare.gov site work well enough to let me sign up for health insurance as Internet Explorer would not work with that website most of the time. However, most of my bookmarks remained on Explorer. I did import my current Explorer bookmarks into Firefox a few days ago. I really should clean up my bookmarks on Firefox as many are obsolete and no longer used, but I will probably go back to Explorer. I like the display of my homepage better on Explorer, and there are other quirks on Firefox that make me like it less. I could probably tweak those, and I may if I decide to stay with Firefox. For now, I am too lazy to clean up Firefox.

No comments:

Post a Comment