Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pops of Color

Have you ever noticed how you can look at something multiple times and yet not really see. This afternoon I glanced out the window of my guest bedroom across the street and was startled to see a swath of bright yellow. How long had that been there? Certainly weeks, yet I had been oblivious. The sun had come out from behind a cloud and somehow lit up the flowers to make me notice them. I would have liked a closer shot, but I could hear the kids in their above-ground pool and didn’t want to disturb them.

As I crossed over and alongside my neighbor’s condo to get close enough, I realized that they have morning glories growing under their apple tree.

It’s true it has been hot, and I have not been roving around with my camera. I had noticed the crabapples turning red out my bedroom window, and also some of the bright flowers next to them. The beasts of the field and the fowl of the air will have a bountiful autumn and winter feast this year. The fruit is so thick on many branches that they bow to the ground and brush the earth.



These would have been hard to miss since I can see them out my bedroom and bathroom windows.

 Usually, I paint my toenails a light pearly pink or a beige sand, but last night I applied a brighter color. My last hurrah of summer I guess. I cannot get into black or dark purple though. Too Gothy for me. And bright blue also not my choice.

Magazines today talk of adding a pop of color to one’s house. I ordered some bright yellow throw pillows with feathery white butterflies scattered across them to put on my blue love seat. It allowed me to use up the credit I still had on Pay Pal from selling my friend’s deceased friend’s quilt tops. They should arrive by the end of the week; I’ll try to post a photo.

 How are you enjoying the Labor Day weekend? Tomorrow I go with my husband and his two sisters to a waterside restaurant in Syracuse for lunch; then he and I plan to go to the matinee showing of The Butler. Have you seen that movie? My thoughts are turning to September 8th, however, when I fly to Quebec.

No comments:

Post a Comment