Thursday, September 5, 2013

Kindle Observations

This will probably be my last post for at least a week. I am busy organizing for my trip to Canada. One of the to-do things before setting out was to recharge the Kindle Paper White my husband is using and wants to take with him.

 

Our retirement village has 4 e-readers for its residents. When I first experimented with using the Paper White so I could help others to use it, I printed out a list of the titles (about 30 at that time—now we have more than 130) to post on the library bulletin board. I chose to do it by author. It wasn’t until I was ready to pin the list on the board, that I realized the KJV Bible I had loaded onto the device was listed with the author God. Somebody at Amazon has the right idea.

 

The website that I am using to find free Kindle books is divided into categories. When I clicked on the category Parenting and Relationships, I chuckled when a book on raising chickens appeared. How are you getting along with your chickens these days?

 

One of the books recommended by Road Scholar for those attending the Quebec tour is Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather which takes place in the late 1600s in Quebec City. I was able to find a free epub edition which I loaded onto my Nook Color. I mostly have my Nook so I can check email and Facebook while traveling, but it was very handy to read this book on the Nook. I do like my Nook better than the Paper White because it has a colored screen. Something to think about before purchasing an e-reader. Happy reading to you no matter which media you use.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment