Sunday, June 2, 2013

Resplendent Roses

Though it is overcast today, we are about 6-7 degrees warmer than they predicted. Right now it is 68. The rose bushes are full of flowers. I continue to bring in a few buds to open in the vase on the dining room table. I had been waiting for all of the rain to cease so I could get a photo of my neighbor’s peonies. Alas, the heavy rain we had Friday night pretty much beat them down so the pink ones are lying on the ground. What I remember about peonies when I grew them about 30 years ago was the exquisite aroma and the big beautiful blooms attracted ants and other insects. I see that is a true recollection. The door decoration was something left on the Give-and-Take table in the main building. Maybe a bit small for my door, but I hung it anyway. It should be warm enough this week to enjoy sitting on the porch surrounded by all of these beautiful flowers. Hope you are enjoying spring as well.
 







No comments:

Post a Comment