Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Close to His Heart

lamb_1024

This is one of my favorite verses. When I am sick or struggling with issues, I remind myself that if I let Him, He will carry me in His arms. I don’t have to bear the pain and burdens alone. I tend to get stressed when I wander off into the land of “what ifs”. I need to stay next to Him so He can scoop me up when I need help.

Today I went to the dentist to have my temporary crown removed and the permanent one fitted and put in place. It should have been fairly routine, but somehow one of the tools pinched my bottom lip. Half of my lip is twice the size of the other half, has a bruised place, and if I don’t distract myself I realize how much it hurts. At lunch, I found it awkward to drink out of a glass with such a fat lip. Not a traumatic situation, but I don’t mind a few reassuring and loving pats on the head by the Shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment