Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hungry?

I baked some zucchini bread yesterday. I did freeze some grated zukes for a future baking. Take advantage of their availability and bake a loaf today. Here is a recipe a neighbor gave me more than 25 years ago which I still really like.
Zucchini Bread
Cream together 3 eggs, 2 cups of sugar, and 1 cup vegetable oil. Add 2 tsp. of vanilla.
Add to the creamed mixture, 2 cups grated zucchini (grated unpeeled)
Mix together 2 cups flour, 1/4 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. baking soda. (I add about 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon because a cafeteria in Dallas, TX had cinnamon in their zucchini muffins and I liked that touch.) Stir into liquid mixture.
Add 1 cup chopped walnuts. Pour into prepared pan(s).
Bake in pre-heated 325 degree oven for 1 hour or until bread comes away from sides of pan and inserted toothpick comes out clean. (I use a silicone baking pan and spray with Pam to get loaf to come out without sticking.) Cool about 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing from pan. Makes 2 smaller loaves or 1 large loaf depending on pan size. Freezes well.

Two blog sites that have recipe suggestions that I am currently visiting on a regular basis are La Table de Nana and Rattlebridge Farm which is a collecting spot for links to other recipe blogs. I haven’t tried any of the recipes, but I did save a few to try later.


No comments:

Post a Comment