Sunday, June 17, 2012

Around the Table

P1010406
We have been really busy the past 10 days. My mom, sister, and brother-in-law from Southern California arrived June 7th. My mom has been staying with us in our guestroom in our condo while the other two have been in a guestroom in the independent living apartments. We’ve toured some museums, played the card game golf, but mostly we have been hosting or attending special events.

On June 10th, my twin sister and her daughter arrived for a late celebration of my niece’s June 6th birthday. Along with my niece’s fiancĂ©, his two brothers, the fiancĂ©’s mother, and the 7 of us we had a full house. Ate chicken crescent casserole, fruit salad, chocolate birthday cake and ice cream.

June 11th, my husband and I celebrated 35 years of marriage by dining at Cerulean Restaurant with my 3 family members and two of his sisters. It was an interesting and delicious lunch.

June 12th, my twin sister and her daughter drove from Marion to Winona Lake and ate lunch and dinner at our condo. It was an opportunity for my mother to visit with her daughter (who currently lives in Lyon, France) and her granddaughter (who will be moving next week to Charlotte, NC).

June 15th, my sister hosted a tea in honor of her daughter who was  to marry the next day. We enjoyed Aunt Sue's Tea Room. The ladies of my family, the groom’s mother, a family friend, and the bridesmaids munched on finger sandwiches and scones and sweets.
P101038206152012_2141
June 16th was the wedding in the afternoon. We wish our niece and her new husband many happy years together.

While we were at Aunt Sue's, my husband and brother-in-law drove to Shipshewana to pick up our beautiful new quarter-sawn white oak dining table and chairs we had ordered about 6 weeks ago. It is the photo at the beginning of this post. Tomorrow night we will eat the burrito casserole I posted earlier along with some Indiana melon. We shall see how God provides future guests around our table.

No comments:

Post a Comment